Susie Wolff to launch new initiative with Motor Sports Association
Susie Wolff former Formula One Williams test driver has reveal to launch a new initiative in order to increase the number of women in motorsport at the NEC in Birmingham.
The main aim to launch this programme is to increase the number of female driver in Formula One and all motorsport and this could only be possible if young girls start karting from an early age -Wolff.
Susie Wolff is a British racing driver, started his career with karting and then move to Formula Renault and Formula Three before moving to the DTM to compete for Mercedes-Benz. She also worked as a development driver for Williams in F1 in 2012 and last year announced her retirement from F1 and all motorsport.
Read: Williams appointed Wolff as official test driver in 2015.
In 2014, Wolff was the first woman to take part in a Formula One race weekend in 22 years, at the British Grand Prix, at Silverstone.
“When I decided to hang up my helmet I knew I wanted to give something back,” Wolff said.
“I called Rob Jones, CEO of the MSA, who immediately shared my enthusiasm and passion.”
“We very quickly put a great team together and are proud to launch our initiative at Autosport International. Our sport is performance based so gender is irrelevant.”
Wolff said- “The opportunities are out there, we aim to inspire and drive female talent to make sure in the long term our sport is diverse.”
The programme will be conducting at Birmingham’s NEC on January 14, Thursday in collaboration with UK Motor Sports Association (MSA) and Williams deputy principal Claire Williams along with driver Felipe Massa will present at the programme.
The other persons who are likely to be include in the guest lists- Wayne Gardner, Phil Read, Allan McNish.